iCloud is a service provided by Apple INC. like cloud storage and cloud computing. The services provided by iCloud like to store data such as documents, photos, videos, and music. This type of data can be freely stored in cloud storage which saves time and money. Later on, iCloud user can download or retrieve this kind of file with their needs. Icloud is very much popular in now current scenario.
IMAP is used to retrieve the email from other sources. IMAP is an internet standard protocol used by an email client to retrieve mail over TCP/IP protocol. IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol which mainly helps in accessing message over protocol.
Icloud IMAP Setting
Following are the steps for iCloud IMAP setting. Please proceed with these steps.
· Set server name to imap.mail.me.com
· Set SSL required an option to yes mode
· If SSL choosing pop up error, try TLS mode on
· Set port to 993
· Set username. It is usually named part of iCloud email address.
· For example : prajandangol not
· If user cant connect with the iCloud just name of iCloud email address, try the full iCloud email address
· After that set password for the authentication process like generate app specific password
Icloud SMTP Setting
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which mainly communicates between mail servers over TCP port. SMTP is an internet standard protocol for electronic mail transmission. SMTP is normally used to send the mail message and POP/IMAP is used to retrieve the mail message. SMTP mainly helps in mail transmission over the protocol.
By following points, you will be clear for Icloud SMTP setting. Please proceed with these steps.
· Set server name to smtp.mail.me.com
· Set SSL required to yes mode
· If error message pop up, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead
· Set port to 587
· Set SMTP authentication required to yes mode
· Set username to full iCloud email address (for example , not prajand )
· Set password that you have generated when incoming mail server. Always use app specific password
Above are some steps to guide iCloud IMAP setting and iCloud SMTP setting. If you have any queries or confusion you can comment down on our link.