BT mail IMAP setting
The optional free email service which comes with BT Broadband is known as BT mail. It is a secure web-based application which can integrate with other services like Calendar and Contacts. It can also be operated with other email accounts and all your email can be managed from one place. You can use it from any internet connection and from any place in the world, from any different devices or computer because it’s a web-based email service. IMAP is used to retrieve the email from other sources. Now we will discuss about BT mail IMAP setting.
Now Following are the steps for BT mail IMAP setting:
On your Apple iPhone
- At first, Click on “Settings” icon on your Apple device.
- And then Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” options and click on “Add Account”.
- After that Select “other” > click “Add Mail account”. Now fill in your details such as BT email id, password and tap “Next”.
- Your Apple device will direct you to the “Settings” page confirming that your BT account has been set.
- At last click on “Mail” app on the home screen to check your emails.
Also Read: iCloud IMAP and SMTP Settings
On your Android device
- At first, Click on the “Mail”/ “Email” icon on the menu page.
- Now Click “Other (IMAP)” and enter your BT email ID and the password in the box.
- Then Click on “Next” and enter the name of the account.
- Finally, Click “Finish Setup”.
Setup your BT account with your Email program with IMAP
To access your BT email program from your desktop you’ll need to setup the IMAP setting as below:
- Set BT mail IMAP server to mail.bitinternet.com
- Set IMAP port to 993
- Set IMAP security to SSL/TLS
- Set your full email address as your IMAP username
- Set your bitinternet.com password as your IMAP password
BT mail SMTP setting
SMTP is the short form for Short for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, a protocol for sending e-mail messages between servers. SMTP is normally used to send the mail message and POP/IMAP is used to retrieve the mail message. SMTP mainly helps in mail transmission over the protocol. Now let’s discuss about the SMTP setting for BT mail.
Here are the SMTP settings for BT mail:
- Set BT mail SMTP server to mail.bitinternet.com
- Set SMTP port to 465 or 587
- Set IMAP security to STARTTLS
- Set your full email address as your SMTP username
- Set your bitinternet.com password as your SMTP password
Above given steps are the IMAP settings for BT mail and SMTP settings for BT mail. If you have any queries or confusion you can comment down on our link. For further more information please be in touch with us.