AOL is a web portal and online service provider which is based in New York City. AOL provides AOL Mail which is a free web-based email service. The service is sometimes referred to as AOL Instant Messenger which also means AIM Mail.
AOL mail has different features available:
- Email can attach up to limit 25MB.
- AOL supports POP3, SMTP, IMAP protocols.
- Its max mailbox size is 1000 new messages, 4000 old messages and 4000 sent messages per screen name.
- It can link to other email accounts from other service providers such as Gmail and Hotmail.
AOL mail setting for outlook
- Select Tools, then Account Setting from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the E-mail tab and Click New.
- Select the “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP”.
- Click “Next”.
- Type your name what you want to appear in the line of messages you send.
- Enter your full AOL address under E-mail Address.
- Make sure you include “@aol.com”
- Check “Manually configure settings or additional server types”.
- Click “Next”.
- Make sure Internet E-mail is selected. Then Select IMAP under Account Type.
- Type “imap.aol.com” under Incoming mail server.
- Enter “smtp.aol.com” under Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Type your AOL screen name under User Name. Type your AOL password under Password.
- Then click “More Setting”.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Now go to the Advance tab.
- For Outgoing server (SMTP), Under Server Port Numbers type “587”:
- Click “OK” then click “Next”. Click “Finish”. Click “Close”.